Most Popular

Millbrook Fire Marshal: Blaze Caused by Electrical Issues on Oak Lane in Millbrook Sunday



A fire that completely destroyed a home on Oak Lane Sunday afternoon, claiming the lives of three pets, was caused by electrical issues, according to Millbrook Fire Department Fire Marshal Doyle Campbell.

The Millbrook Fire Department responded and requested mutual aid after the home was engulfed in flames on their arrival. Fortunately none of the residents were injured in the fire, but all of their possessions were destroyed. The family was renting the home at the time of the fire. We understand they have taken shelter at an area hotel.

We have had an enormous outpouring of offers to help the family, and we are trying to get more information about what people can do.

While three animals were killed, a cat was severely injured and is currently at Cobbs Ford Road Veterinary Clinic. The cat, named Pixie, will have a long recovery, and you could consider making a donation toward the veterinary bill if you feel so moved.

We have had a lot of offers for clothing donations, but we want to remind everyone that currently the family may not have any place to store large amounts of clothing and/or other items. The Elmore/Autauga News office will gladly serve as a drop off point for donations, but we highly encourage gift cards rather than actual items. We are located across from the Millbrook Presbyterian Church on Main Street, to the left of AirNow. We are in and out frequently, so please email if you want to set a time to drop off donations and no one is at the office.

With gift cards, the family can get exactly what they need, and not have to worry about storage.

We will update more as we are able. Thank you to our wonderful community who has reached to help this family.